All of us, who have used the Internet have come across DNS error 'cannot find server'. Why is it, that we get this error? Let's get an answer.
I had just logged onto the Internet, but I was not able to reach the page I was looking for, as I kept getting the DNS error - cannot find server. I tried again and again, but in vain. That is when a friend suggested, I talk to my Internet service provider. They were also not able to help me. That is when I decided to take the issue in my hand. And I found out, that the DNS error of not being able to find server is, more often than not, your computer's inability to make a two-way connection to the Internet. If you have had an interrupted connection to the Internet, then the issue lies with your personal computer itself. All said and done this error will restrict you from using Internet technology to the fullest.
How to Fix DNS Error - Server Cannot be Found
The first step is to refresh the page, which failed to load. If the page reloads, then this was just a momentary lapse in service, which happens even to the best Internet service provider. If the problem is not resolved, you will need to follow the following steps.
- Check the page address you have typed into the address bar. There is a chance, that you may have misspelled the address. In most cases, an error in the URL address gives rise to this error message.
- Try to refresh the page, you will now be able to view the web page, you are looking for.
- If the above mentioned step, is not able to solve the problem, you will have to go to connection settings. You will have to ensure, that the settings, match with those of the Internet service provider or that of the local area network.
- To do this you will have to click on the tools menu on the tool-bar, then click on Internet options. There you will come across the Connections tab, under which you will notice Settings.
- Now you can try to refresh the page and check, if you are able go to the web page you have been looking for.
- If this option does not work either, then click on the link 'Detect Network Settings' on the Internet Explorer page, which accompanies the error message to let Windows try to find an optimum connection to the Internet.
- Now again refresh the page.
- You can download DNS server error software off the Internet, if all the above options do not work.
- These software are free on some of the websites, and they would be able to identify the problem. A PS3 DNS error problem can also be corrected by downloading this software.
In case you persistently face the problem DNS error server cannot be found, you may have to put in a request for a new IIS Certificate. Depending on the situation you may have to renew the existing license. The certificate will be issued to you or you will be asked to check back within 10 days. In case the policy module has been set to automatically issue the request, you will not have to put in a request yourself. Apart from all these steps for DNS error cannot find server, you may want to check the modem or router for any sort of irregularities. In case there are some lights flashing or some of them are not seen at all, which ideally should be on, then the server error is most probably not correctable on your computer. You will have to get in touch with your Internet service provider to rectify the problem.